If you are an owner of an ASUS monitor, it is important to keep the firmware up-to-date to ensure that your device runs smoothly and securely. Updating the firmware on your ASUS monitor can be easily done by following the steps below:
Step 1: Identify Your Monitor Model
The first step in updating your ASUS monitor firmware is to identify its model. You can find this information in two ways:
- Check the label on the back of your monitor, which should have the name and model.
- Open the OSD (On-Screen Display) menu of your monitor and look for the « System Information » or « Information » page. This should display the model number of your monitor.
Step 2: Download the Latest Firmware Update
Once you have identified your monitor model, visit the ASUS support website and search for your monitor model using the search bar. From there, locate the « Driver & Utility » section and select « BIOS & FIRMWARE ».
Download the latest firmware update available for your monitor. Make sure to choose the correct version for your operating system.
Step 3: Extract the Firmware Update File
After downloading the firmware update file, locate it in your downloads folder and extract it using a program like WinZip, WinRAR, or 7Zip. Once extracted, you should see a file with a .bin extension.
Step 4: Copy the Firmware Update File to a USB Drive
Next, copy the firmware update file to a USB drive. Ensure that the USB drive has enough space and is formatted correctly (FAT32 is recommended).
Step 5: Enter the Monitor’s Service Mode
Before updating your ASUS monitor firmware, you need to enter the service mode. Follow the steps below:
- Turn off your monitor and disconnect all cables except for the power cable.
- Press and hold the « Menu » button on your monitor while turning it on.
- Continue holding the « Menu » button until the OSD menu appears.
- Select « System Setup ».
- Select « Firmware Update ».
- Select « Yes » to confirm entering the service mode.
Step 6: Update the Firmware
Now that you have entered the service mode, follow the steps below to update your ASUS monitor firmware:
- Insert the USB drive with the firmware update file into the monitor’s USB port.
- Select « Update from USB » in the firmware update menu.
- Wait for the firmware update process to complete. Do not turn off the monitor or disconnect the USB drive during this process.
- Once the firmware update is complete, the monitor will restart automatically.
Step 7: Exit Service Mode
After the firmware update is complete, you need to exit the service mode. Follow the steps below:
- Turn off your monitor.
- Disconnect the power cable.
- Reconnect all cables.
- Turn on your monitor.
By following these simple steps, you can easily update your ASUS monitor firmware and ensure optimal performance from your device. Remember to regularly check for firmware updates to keep your monitor running smoothly and securely.